Monday, August 21, 2017

Eclipse 2017

Here is my obligatory Eclipse post.  I went to Caldwell Nature Preserve in Cincinnati.  I had to work and didn't have glasses to view the 91% eclipse here, so I neglected my duties for an hour to see how an eclipse looks in a forest. The best thing:  no one else was there, unlike those places in the Path of Totality.

Lots of crescent-shaped sun filtered through the leaves.

I kept trying to get crescent light on a tree instead of just on the ground.

Not crescent-shaped but cool-looking nonetheless.

The shadow cast by a horrible invasive species (left) and an Ailanthus altissima.  The spaces between the leaflets are crescents.

Different view of the ailanthus shadow without mine.




Cherry crescent rolls.  Now I'm hungry.



No comments:

Post a Comment